Sunday, October 25, 2009

My final piece

I have a rough idea of what I want to do.. it's going to include scanned images from when i was small.. and then gradually go up to the last 6 months.. which has by far been the most hectic in terms of medical stuff in a while... with facing reality of no kidney transplant.. im not going to lie.. it was probably the hardest thing i have had to deal with mentally because it was something that me and my family have been waiting for for the last 19 years.. they doctors always said.. it just a case of waiting for it to fail.. then transplant.. that all changed in Janurary this year.. with it being re-confirmed in June.. I somehow want to portray that through my images but im not sure how..?? I am coming up against a bit of trouble with shooting images in the hospital.. permission and the such isn't very easy to come by which im really annoyed at because i had a plan to do a time lapse of a patient receiving treatment for kidney failure (Dialysis)... i kind of wanted to show how it affects them in terms of lack of independance and freedom.. during the time-lapse presentation i was going to do some portraits... at like intervals.. but im not sure how well i'm going to be able to do it.. I will be contacting the ppl who i need to contact on Wednesday so I will find out then.

Depression was certainly something that I had to deal with because it was such a shock to the system... i felt trapped and i suppose the fear of the uknown.. whats life going to be like being attached to a machine 5 hours a day 3 days per week? how is it going to affect work, and general day to day living... It has kind of just thrown the idea of a 'normal' lifestyle into disarray. I really did see the transplant as the fix to the last of the medical problems. This is also something that i want to portray through images.. but again.. im stuck...

No comments:

Post a Comment